Friday, June 9, 2017

Just a few of the things I've been working on . . .



My neighbor asked if I would complete this blanket for her daughter. Apparently her mother passed away from cancer before she got it finished. The squares were all done. They only had to be put together for a nice sized baby blanket. I'm glad I was able to help out. It turned out really cute. I also made some white and red booties to go with it as well as a little white and red beanie. (Forgot to take a picture of them, I guess.) She seemed happy with it.


This was a fun cowl to make. It's just the waffle stitch in the round. I am not one to be able to wear anything that snug up around my neck for very long so this will be gifted to someone. It did turn out really pretty though and very soft.


This is going to be a vest. I'll have to post the pattern link later as The Hubster is breaking up the tile in the other room and I am "relegated" to the office with Sir Barks Alot until he is finished. This is the back and the front hangs down like triangles. I am using Knit Picks Hawthorne Kettle Dyed in Delphinium for it. It's going to be really pretty I think.


This is going to be a granny square shrug. I hope it turns out okay. The colors are much prettier in real life than they appear in this little photo. I'm about 18" in now and need 30" before I can stitch it together and put on the cuffs. I think it will be perfect for those mornings here on the desert in the middle of "winter." I hate to turn the heater on when it will be warm within an hour so my other shrug has had a lot of wear and it's about time for a new one.

If you are on Ravelry you can see my Kiona shawl. I finished it a few weeks ago and finally got it blocked. I also finished my Fernanda. It was a fun and easy shawl. Both were also made with Knit Picks Hawthorne. I really like that yarn -- obviously.

I don't think I posted this little Poodle Blanket finished. My friend asked me to make it for her granddaughter. She didn't want it to be used but as a decoration in the nursery.

I'll try and come back later today and put in better photos and links when I can get to my Kindle and get some other pictures posted.

Have a great day and a chuckle . . .




1 comment:

  1. I like the look of your Kiona shawl - its very similar to a favourite of mine called Oveja. Sounds like you've been quite busy - the baby blanket is lovely. Look forward to seeing more of your vest and shrug. Yes I did get a giggle from that cartoon. Have a good weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete