Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day

I'm missing my dad today. I can't believe he's been gone now for NINE years. It seems like just yesterday that I was visiting with him and only the day before that we were fishing together. He always baited my hook and cleaned my fish. He said it was his "duty as a father" and I would never have denied him THAT privilege. ;-) My dad was a World War II War Veteran and always very proud of his service.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. Wish you were here. I'd give you a big huge hug. Since you are not, I'm going to wear the jacket I sneaked out of the house after you passed away. I wear it whenever I feel the need to be close to you. It doesn't matter it going to get to 117 degrees here today. I'm inside in the A/C and I don't plan to step one foot outside the door. The sun is shining and I'm going to sit inside and crochet my little heart out!



1 comment:

  1. When I got married I couldn't have Dad walk me down the aisle since he had passed well before I met Gene. So I had him walk me down a different way . . I wrapped one of the blue bandana handkerchiefs he always carried around my bouquet . . had my own private smile on that one. Oh, and wore an Eisenberg necklace of Mom's. So they were with me when I needed them.

    ReplyDelete