Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Desserts, etcetera, etcetera and So Forth

Things around here have been crazy. We are in the remodel mode again and The Hubster is painting walls, removing baseboards, measuring, measuring and measuring some more. We are in a mess! We were supposed to go to a wedding in Vegas last Saturday and then Sunday morning go on to Idaho for my grandson's and step-granddaughter's high school graduations. Since my last back surgery things have not gone well. I think something must have been "done wrong" cuz I've been in so much more pain every since he worked on me. We decided there was no way I could travel 10 hours to Idaho, sleep in a motel bed (which I wouldn't be able to sleep in) and then stay 10 days with my son up there in this kind of pain. SO the trip was off. We went to Vegas for my nephew's wedding (which was absolutely adorable and I got to see my sister) and by the time we got back (six hours on the road), The Hubster had to help me get out of the car. I'm a mess! It's so discouraging. I don't mean to vent here on my blog but writing it down seems to help with the frustration. I'm crushed I don't get to see my grandson and granddaughter graduate. It just breaks my heart. Literally.

My sister. She's doing well. She had on a beautiful wig that looks just like her own hair and while you could tell she was wearing a LOT of makeup to cover her pale skin, she looked better than I had hoped. That damn chemo sucks! We had a good laugh and a good cry together. Just exactly what we both needed.

So as to not make this posting REALLY really long, I'm not going to post about crochet. I'm going to share the MOST delicious recipe with you. I made this last night to take to a friend's house (she had just had surgery) and it's delicious!!!!!

STRAWBERRY FREEZE

3/4 c. white sugar
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 (10 oz.) package frozen strawberries (thawed)
2 bananas (sliced or diced)
1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping (thawed)

In a medium bowl cream together the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add the whipped topping and blend well. Add all fruit and stir well to incorporate.

Place it in a 9x13" pan (or I used two loaf pans) and freeze at least 8 hours. Take it out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you want to serve it. Scoop if you put it in the long pan and slice if you put it in the loaf pan. It's very rich so I prefer to slice it. It's yummy with a small slice on a piece of angel food cake. If you freeze it in the loaf pans you can take it out after frozen and pop it out of the pans and then just wrap in plastic wrap and put it back in the freezer. Easy peasy. Oh, and I used Greek cream cheese. I think it added a whole 'nother dimension to it. Not tart at all -- just added flavor.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I always told my students who were upset with something and to embarrassed to talk to write everything down until they had written it all down. Then they were to tear it up. They were amazed how much better they felt.

    Personally, I could never write things down. But I knew writing things out would help vent. I ended up talking it out to myself. Thank the good lord I didn't answer myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were having more back surgery Bev and I'm so sad to hear that it didn't go well. I also suffer with back pain which limits how far I can walk without having to stop and sit down for awhile. Its terrible but what you're going through sounds far worse. Good that you were able to go to your nephew's wedding and to see your sister. I always look forward to seeing your crochet. Take care xox

    ReplyDelete