Saturday, February 25, 2017

Two Quick Things

First: Mandala yarn by Lion Brands:

I bought two skeins from WalMart (and was very careful to make sure all my clothing articles matched and that my butt-crack didn't show). You can see the various yarn colors here. I tried to link them separately but their site couldn't let me.

They are really pretty in the pictures and even in a roll but work them up and they are UGLY. Well ugly in my opinion -- which we know only counts to me. Anyway, I bought one skein of the Unicorn and two of the Pegasus. They come in reverse skeins so you can end with one color in one and the same color in the next.

I tried a shawl in Pegasus. Hated it (got a LOT further than this but didn't take a picture before I frogged it and tried it in a scarf.)





I had to cut it where the dark color started on the undo because it snags something fierce. Anyway, I started a scarf with it and just hate the stuff so tossed the whole thing in the round brown file by my desk (aka the garbage can).  Just to be fair, I then tried a Tunisian scarf in the Unicorn. Same feel and just as ugly. The only thing unicorn about this is that it could be the color of their poop. Seriously the ugliest stuff I've ever worked with.



Needless to say it also went into the round brown file by my desk.

I have to share with you how this yarn feels. It feels sticky. That's the only way I can describe it. It doesn't glide across your hook or your fingers. It has the weirdest texture and feel to it. Hard to explain. If you want to know what I mean just head over to WalMart and feel it. Buy some if you want but be warned -- you might be wasting your money.  I'm so glad I did't pay the $9.99 per skein that Lion Brand wanted. WalMart had it for $4.95 a skein. Even then I lost $15 that would have gone towards something worth $15. I don't doubt there are people who do like this yarn. Maybe I didn't choose the right projects for it but I didn't like it. (I guess you have figured that out by now so I'll just shut up about it.
'
Second: Just a funny for you on this gorgeous Saturday morning. It's a picnic at the lake and a walking of the dog for us today. Hope you find something equally enjoyable to do.


I couldn't help it. I thought it was hysterical!!! LOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well your comic gave us a laugh then the willies. LOL
    Sorry you didn't like the yarn Bev. My daughter is making a shawl out of it and loves it. The drape is lovely on it. Funny how we each respond to different yarns. I hate the feel of working with wool and prefer not to have any percentage of it in my skeins. It's maddening though to feel you have wasted money when it could've went to what you would enjoy. All us yarnies have been there. Enjoy your picnic!

    ReplyDelete