Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Monday Musings

I've got a lot to cover today it seems. First, I've been working on an Attitude Adjustment. After months of anti-Trump/anti-Clinton stuff on Facebook I had worked myself into quite a frenzy. Okay, so I understand that no one thought he'd really make it but he DID. Nothing you can do about it now short of an assassination (which is a horrible alternative). I tell ya, I'm really sick, sick, sick of it all. It was affecting me at home and with gatherings of friends. It's all anyone wants to talk about. NOW isn't the time to try and do something about it. You should have gotten passionate about it beforehand and made your voice heard. (I'm not really pointing a finger at YOU. I'm just sayin' . . . ) Rioting now only makes us look like idiots. Trump now has a chance to make the changes he proposed that people obviously supported/wanted when he ran for office. I say we let him give it a shot. I doubt he'll come out as the worst president we have ever had but we should let it be his failing and we should not contribute to it. So anywho, for a week I posted on Facebook areas that I thought might help my Attitude Adjustment. Here are a few of that I thought I'd really try and work on -- not just that week but for several weeks to come -- until they become for reals:

Attitude Adjustment Day 7: I will embrace the fact that I am now a Senior Citizen. I have been depressed about getting old. I just never imagined that I would become an "old person" but I am now considered that. I can't think about how many more years I MIGHT have. I need to think about the ones that I do and enjoy them -- and I'm gonna do it!

Attitude Adjustment Day 6: Be patient for the things I want. I have a tendency to see something and I "need" it right now. Really it's a "want" it right now. We "need" new tile in the new house so I "want" it right now. I need to be more patient. It will get done when it gets done, right?

Attitude Adjustment Day 4:
Stop worrying about the things I CAN'T do anything and DO something about the things I can.

I haven't been doing much in the way of crocheting. Well nothing in the way of getting anything DONE. I've been kinda lazy. I've started a few things but then the yarn just hasn't spoken to me and I've undone them. Does your yarn have to "speak to you" too? I mean, sometimes a stitch just doesn't work with certain yarns. A friend on Ravelry tested my Deliberately Delightful pattern and came up with some errors so I'm working on those today. I want to get it revised and fixed. I did a really pooooooooor job describing how to do the bobble stitch. I mean, it's totally wrong. I don't know where I was when I wrote it down but obviously I should have tried it after I wrote it. It just seemed to be right, ya know?

Can you believe this? I mean, what's it doing in the fridge? I'm going to have to get The Hubster working on focusing. This is like the third time in a month he has done this very same thing.


I've been doing a bit of coloring and can't really do much of it at a time. After about 10 minutes my shoulder feels like it's on FIRE! I love doing it too. I find it very relaxing and pleasant -- for the 10 minutes I can do it. Refer to Attitude Adjustment Day 7.  I don't know why it's so dark. The paper background is very white. Must be the lighting here in my office.



I hope you have a fantastic week. Here's another funny that I hope makes you smile.


1 comment:

  1. The mandala you colored is lovely. I wish I had patience for doing that...I did try and then gave the book to my granddaughter. I related to the Attitude Adjustment. Aging and present conditions has called on me to do the same. It's all a process, isn't it Bev. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete