Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I don't think I'll make one of these any time soon . . .


Jessica Schleicher designed this pattern and posted it to Ravelry for $5.00.  I don't think I'll be making it for any of my grandchildren -- or ANYone for that matter -- but I take my hat off to her for taking the time to write it up.

My nephew is getting married this next summer and my sister asked me to make his girlfriend an afghan as a shower gift. She is crazy about dogs so we chose this pattern.


It's basically a square and then you crochet a big granny square all around it. I'm doing it in dark blue, light blue and cream. I've got all the pieces for the face and have started sewing them down. I can't decide if I want to do button eyes or stitch them. I'll see how the button eyes look first.

I have a friend from Utah coming to visit this week. They are driving the old Route 66 and wanted to stop for a visit. I haven't seen her for a long time. We used to be best friends and had a falling out. She told me if I had bypass surgery and lost weight that we couldn't be friends anymore. I guess she thought all we had in common was food. I had the surgery and we haven't really talked since then. I reached out to her via email and she didn't respond so I was quite shocked to get a birthday card from her and then a phone call. This is us in happier days. We both bought the same outfit unbeknownst to each other and showed up at a luncheon looking like the Bobsey Twins.


It will be interesting to see how things go on Thursday. I hope we can have a good time.

Have a fantastic week -- here's a little chuckle for ya.



2 comments:

  1. Bev, love the puppy afghan. He is so darn cute! I do hope you and your friend can mend and have a wonderful time. My dear friend of 25yrs. dumped me over the election But I could not choose him for her. Still love her, still hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So similar to what happened to us. BFFs for 23 years. We will see how things go today. Thanks for your sweet comments.

      Delete