I didn't make a homemade crust this time because if the filling doesn't work out then I have wasted my time so I used a Marie Callendar deep dish pie crust from the local market's frozen foods section. The crust I use that always works for me is:
FOOL PROOF PIE CRUST
4 c flour
1 3/4 c shortening
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 c water
1. Mix first four ingredients.
2. In separate dish, beat remaining ingredients.
3. Combine the mixtures, stirring with a fork.
4. Chill 15 minutes before rolling out. Dough can be left in the refrigerator up to 3 days or it can be frozen until ready to use.
SUPER SIMPLE PECAN PIE.....FEW INGREDIENTS!!!
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c corn syrup( i use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c pecans coarsely broken and whole ones
1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
1/4 c butter softened
1. In a sauce pan boil sugar and corn syrups together for 2-3 minutes, set aside to cool slightly...
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs lightly, and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly!
3. Make sure its smooth..
4. Stir in the room temp. butter( if you need nuke it not to the melted point just so its soft.) and the Vanilla stir it in as well.
5. Pour into the pie crust
6. Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes or until set!!
Things have been kind of slow in the crochet world. I've made a lot of dishcloths for friends and for myself and a couple of shawls for the local nursing home. Our crochet/knitting group is doing a special project for a program called Forgotten Seniors. Getting old is the pits all on its own without having to do it all alone.
Have a fantastic rest of your week!