Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Thank goodness Christmas is over . . .

Don't you hate that after Christmas letdown? ME TOO! We didn't really have a Christmas here. We moved. Who moves over Christmas???? I guess we do. It's been a nightmare. Can I say FREAKING nightmare and not offend anyone? Well, that's what it has been. It rained here in Havasu for like six days STRAIGHT. It never does that. The water was running down the wash behind our new house. Not terrible but like a stream would be. Very unusual for here. You'd have thought we were in the middle of the monsoon season and not winter. In some ways it is good it rained because we found where the leaks are -- yup. Leaks! The roof in the back leaks and water came in somehow into the living room area. So, in the process of moving in we also have water coming into the house. One of the leaking areas the owners had disclosed because they had already repaired it once. I guess it didn't work cuz it was leaking again! Also, we had a nasty little sinkhole develop near the retaining wall.


The sinkhole is actually larger now. It's nearly three feet deep. We were worried it would wash away the retaining wall and then we would have a real problem. Fortunately, The Hubster thinks these are relatively easy fixes. He's quite the Jack of All Trades. I tell ya, that man can do anything. Not as quickly as he used to he says but he eventually gets it done.

The only crocheting I have accomplished was while stress dumping. I really needed it too. I made this lovely cowl using Tunisian crochet and Premier Yarn's Festive (I think it's called but will have to double-check). It's a lovely lovely gradient yarn. I'm working on one using the grey and I have to tell you, I think it's probably my favorite and I don't even LIKE grey all that much.

Sparky is also stressed and he's having nothing to do with this moving business. The poor little fella really has had a hard time. Not so much with changing houses but with the whole "If you have your shoes on that means car ride so please, please take me." He jumps all over you and goes just nuts if he thinks you are going without him. If you tell him, "You gotta stay and watch the house" then he jumps right into the window to sit guard until you get home. He's become part of our family. I don't know what we would do without him. He's just Ken's little buddy and shadows him everywhere.


Well, that's all my news here in Arizona. The only other thing I wanted to say is to Dorothy. She asked about the stitch I used in my last post. It's called the Maeve stitch and is on Ravelry. Just click on Maeve and it will take you to it. The only thing I did differently is I used half-double crochet instead of double crochet. I liked it better a little tighter. I'm working up a shrug in that pattern now for a CAL in the group Cat's Crochet Corner. I had hoped to have it up by January 1st but with the move and my son and DIL coming for a few days I think it will probably be the first part of the following week. I'll try and get back to post a pic of its progress so far.

I hope your Christmas was merry and that you will have a fantastic New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh . . Sparky is just a little Indy. When we put our shoes on she gets excited. If I say anything and include the word "go" in the sentence she know she is going and gets SO EXCITED. When she has to stay home she ends up camping on the sofa. When we pull in the driveway and hit the garage door opener I can see her head come up.

    ReplyDelete