Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A scarf, a scarf, my soul for a scarf . . .

Well, not really, but that's how it feels today. We are right in the throws of moving and I HAD to do some crocheting last night. I swear The Hubster has boxed up absolutely everything we need and nothing that we don't. When we unpack I'd not be surprised to find a pickle jar in my underwear. I had had it last night. Had to take a pause in lieu of homicide and crocheted this scarf. I used the stitch pattern called the Maeve stitch. Of course I didn't do it the way it's written. It's written with double crochets between the patterns and I did half-double crochets. I also only skipped two spaces instead of three and did two half-double crochets around. I know that means nothing really but maybe you can kind of tell from the photo below. It was a fun stitch to do but got the old carpal tunnel going I'll tell you. It was great therapy and I plan to do the same tonight.




We close in the morning at 9 a.m., move the next morning, go to Utah the next morning, Christmas luncheon and bowling with the kids/grandkids on Sunday. Dentist on Monday and home on Tuesday. Unpack and begin the tedious job of picking pickles out of my underwear drawer. LOL!

Last year I belatedly joined a group for getting projects done and with mom's passing, etc. I failed miserably at it. This year I joined a new group on Ravelry called 17 in 2017. My list of 17 include (so far and as always, open to adjustment/redefinition/change):
  1. WIP: Lace Bolero
  2. WIP: Vintage Collared Vest
  3. WIP: Happy Patternmix Wrap
  4. WIP: Hats for Cancer (I try to do at least 50)
  5. WIP: Shawls for Nursing homes (whatever I can get done)
  6. New: Pearl Tube Scarf
  7. New: Teal Tenacity
  8. New: Cartwheel baby blanket
  9. New: Caro’s Loop 
  10. New: Fluid Ice 
  11. New: Purple Gold Scarf (but not purple and gold) 
  12. New: Miss Dragoness 
  13. New: Spiral Afghan (Tunisian)
  14. New: Willison Shawl
  15. New: Several Dressy Towel Toppers (for gifts) along with dish clothes and mug cozies
  16. New: Golden Bee Shawl 
  17. New: Granny Has Wings Shawl 
It might seem a bit impossible but those are the 17 things on my current project list on Ravelry. So if need be I'll make adjustments as we go along. Isn't that what life is about? Adjustments, reorganization, etc.? Hmmm. So they say. ;-)

If I don't get back before Christmas please have a very merry one! I hope you find everything your heart desires under your tree this year.



1 comment:

  1. Love the look of your scarf - is there a pattern for it? I've also tried the year of projects on Rav on two occasions (and failed both times). Perhaps I'll have a look at the 17 group and make that my new years resolution :) Good luck with the move - I can totally relate, having moved many times over the years but I was fortunate enough to have packers to pack and unpack for me as it was part of the deal with my late husbands work. Merry Christmas to you and yours too, from me and my family here in Australia. Xox

    ReplyDelete