Monday, October 3, 2016

Back to Crocheting (for Christmas Giving)

First I want to thank ALL of you for your kind comments concerning my mom's passing. So many times I have picked up my phone and looked to see if she has sent me a text or if I have missed a call from her -- or to call or text her.

Mom taught me to crochet and she enjoyed this activity right up until her illness. I have two pair of slippers in a drawer that she completed while here with us.


This is mom down on the floor at 90 years old with her great-grandson, Leland. When he came to the house after her passing he told me, "My tiny grandma died and went to heaven." It was so precious. When he saw me sitting quietly he came over and gave me a big hug and said, "Everythin' is goin' to be okay Aunt Bev." I called him over a little later for another hug and he said, "Why, we're not leavin'." ;-)

It feels kind of strange to have a crochet hook in my hand after going for a few weeks without doing anything. I have some lovely KnitPicks yarn that is in beautiful autumn shades. I think I'm going to make the Lace Bolero by Tina Barrett. The pattern is on Ravelry and also the site www.topcrochetpatterns.com. It's free!! I love it when I can find something I really like and it's FREE! Let's hope it's as easy as it looks.


I think I even have some beads that I can use for the sleeves and around the front of it. Might be a nice Christmas present for my DD (if it doesn't fit ME).

I'm way behind on a Year of Projects. I will plug along with my list but not try to get back in sync or caught up.I just want to sit back, relax and enjoy some crocheting. I want to make a bunch of hats to donate to an organization here in Arizona that provides hats for the homeless. They yarn/hat bomb them about town in Phoenix and anyone who needs one can take it. Isn't that a fun idea?

Once again, thank you everyone for your sweet words and kind thoughts. They mean everything to me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Oh, on purpose I haven't been working on my mood scarf. I think I'll finish it off and use it as a double-twist cowl. I didn't want to have to start using black because of my black moods so didn't work on it at all. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Bev,
    I'm sooo very sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I know she's up there having a rootin' tootin' time probly most likely still playing 'Solitary' too. Hehe

    God bless you sweetheart! <3

    Thinking bout you and wishing I could make you feel better, sending a big HUG to you, hope it helps a bit. :))

    And ohhh I do like the Bolero, maybe one day I'll be actually able to make something nice like that, not holding my breath tho.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ( Mysterious bones from Raverly ) What a beautiful lady your Mom was so very sorry to hear that she is gone but like your nephew said she is in Heaven looking down on you . I love the bolero btw
    Don't be on your case about eating too much you are grieving. DO the best you can

    ReplyDelete