Monday, August 15, 2016

We will just try this again . . .

I prepared this nice blog entry yesterday with all my photos, etc. and then no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to post. When I came back today the draft was gone so we begin again.

Report on the Mood Scarf: It isn't anymore. I frogged it and decided I wanted to make it the long way instead and it looked hideous. I frogged that and started over the short way and I couldn't get the yarn to work back up -- too many ends in the wrong places. I tossed it and am starting all over again. I did my first section of it the day before yesterday so don't really have anything to show. Dang it!

I finished my scarf/cowl with the beads. I think it turned out really nice but you can't really see the beads very well in the picture. Next time I make something with beads I'm going to put more of them in the body of the project.



My Tunisian scarf is coming along. I wish you could see how gorgeous this Bernat Satin is in this scarf. It's kind of a grey/brown and has a beautiful sheen to it. No matter how I take a picture of this it doesn't do it justice. I'm thinking this is going to be a Christmas present for my daughter's boyfriend.


Since I'm going to have a LOT of this yarn (I have 10 balls of it), I decided to try out a  new stitch pattern. I have to really think about it though while working it. It's not a mindless stitch pattern. I'm thinking of taking it apart though and making it with a different yarn. Something more feminine that I can give to my daughter-in-law for her birthday in November.


I'm a huge fan of Sharon Silverman. She has some amazing designs. I ordered two of her books and received this one the other day. I can't wait to get started on one of them. I think I have enough of the colorful yarn left from the cowl to make something. We'll see.


I have SO much yarn in my stash that I'm sure I could make everything in this book and still have leftovers. ;-)

That's it. It was a pretty crappy week. After having the radioactive nerve thingy I was really optimistic that the sciatic nerve pain was finally going to go away -- after a year of constant pain -- but after a week it is tingling and sort of burning. I don't know if that means it didn't work or if that means it is working. Fingers crossed. I've about had enough. Well, actually I have had enough. I try not to complain because there are SO many who are worse off than I am but I do occasionally invite my friends to a pity party. I then close the door on it for a while and carry on.

Hey Friends, have a fantastic rest of your week. May your fingers fly though luscious yarn!!


P.S. My swap partner LOVED the swap package containing the dog treat jar. I was so happy to hear she liked it. Phew!

11 comments:

  1. Your scarves are lovely. I agree with you on the Bernat Satin. I've made a variegated scarf (gifted to someone before I ever though to take a picture) and I just loved the yarn. So I can imagine how pretty the gray/brown ribbed scarf is in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! I would love to add beads to things but really is intimidating. One day I'll be brave and try. Hope this is a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere, and I don't remember where, I used Bernat Satin. You are right . . it feels SO NICE.

    Did you add the beads to your yarn before you crocheted or did you sew them on at the end? For our wedding invitations, church program and reception info booklet, I crocheted white snowflakes with blue beads on them. I strung the beads and t seamed like I strung and strung and strun and STILL needed more beads. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of those three little ones knitting! I hate it when a blog post disappears - it is soooooo frustrating. I am glad you took the time to put it together again. It is well done - the blog and your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sorry about your mood scarf. I can't do one of those because it would probably be all black lol I love the colors you chose. Your cowl is beautiful too, such pretty colors! I love your Tunisian scarf too. I want to do that still... one of these days. I love gray so much and really have to try to use different colors sometimes. I use a lot of "Gray heather." I'll have to look up that book because that shawl on the front is so so pretty! I'm glad your blog post worked this time. I know how frustrating it is when it doesn't and losing everything is so Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarves are gorgeous and I'm sorry about the mood scarf, hopefully everything will work out ok with it now. The cowl is great and in my opinion you can never add too many beads to a project :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may have mentioned before that I love the colours in your scarf - it looks amazing. I'm wondering if the scarf you say is not 'mindless' is done in tunisian? I did a workshop with Prudence Mapstone at one of our craft fairs a few years back and it was for 'lacy tunisian' - didn't finish the scarf but liked how it didn't have the curl. Hope your pain goes away soon - I know how sciatic pain feels and I can really sympathise with you. I take Lyrica which is supposed to make your nerves behave themselves. Do you have that over there? It has to be prescribed by a doctor. Have a good week. xox PS I've been more than slack and haven't done a YoP update for the past 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great scarves. The Tunisian is so pretty. I did tunisian one time for an afghan and have never wanted to do it again. I admire anyone thay does it though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scarves. The Tunisian is so pretty. I did tunisian one time for an afghan and have never wanted to do it again. I admire anyone thay does it though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the mood scarf, but the Tunisian one is fab, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the mood scarf, but the Tunisian one is fab, well done.

    ReplyDelete