Sunday, August 7, 2016

We are all winners . . .


PAULA!

Lucky lady! Paula, you win the book and yarn. Please send me your mailing address to: imin2crochet@gmail.com. Thanks for playing along everyone.

Now on to other -- not so exciting -- news.



A YEAR OF PROJECTS REPORT

Mood Scarf - Started (ongoing)
Shoulder Wrap for DD
Baby blanket - finished
Shawl for a friend - Finished
Design new Tunisian crochet shawl (changed to crochet instead of Tunisian for now)
Flurry of Foliage shawl
Volkswagen graph pattern for one of my BFFs - started
Cancer hats using Cancer Charity Hat by Christins and others. Goal is at least 50 (great take along project).
Vest for DIL birthday -started
3 projects from my Ravelry Library, including gifted baby blanket pattern
Use stash as much as possible for them.

I was going to make a shawl using Tunisian crochet and a mitered square. As I got to working on it, I decided to try it with regular crochet first. This is my start. I'm not liking it at all but I'm determined to get at least the prototype done so I can start to tweak it. I'd still like to do it in Tunisian if I can.


I purchased some awesome yarn that I think will look nice in the final design. I used some Muskrat cotton for this "draft." Whatcha think?


I also started a new scarf and this time I'm putting in a few beads. I'll report more on this next week.


My mood scarf is coming along but I'm having a lot of just plain old days. Not enough sunny times but thank goodness not a lot of dark times either. This is a new week, right? LOL!


Report on missing Tunisian hooks. I ordered a new set from WalMart (cuz they're a lot cheaper there) and wouldn't you know it. Not five minutes after I received the email stating they had shipped I found mine in the bottom of a project bag. I swear I looked there before. Anyway, now I have THREE sets of Tunisian hooks: 2 Denise and 1 KnitPro. 


The above is a pretty sad picture of the vest I'm making for my DIL. It's really more a a gray but the lighting in here is so bad it comes out more of a BLAH. It's coming along though and next week I'll try photographing it outside - when it's not raining or windy. That's about all we've had lately. I'm not complaining though because living in a desert you don't get much moisture so I'm always happy to see it rain a bit.

I'm pretty sure my swap partner has no clue I've got a blog so I'm going to show you this awesome treat jar I made for her in the Dog Days of Summer swap on Ravelry. I think it turned out so cute.


I love the paws and the hook to keep your leash on, etc. Next time I make one it will be a bit different though. I had The Hubster help me and we ended up with something just a tad different than I had in mind but it works. ;-) I love him for the effort and willingness to even take it on. He's not the crafty type.

Well, that's it for now. Tooda-Loo (or however it's spelled). 



11 comments:

  1. Can never have too many sets of hooks! That yarn is lovely. I've never used that kind before. Your swap partner is going to be so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Urban Chic yarn. Think it will make a beautiful shawl. Your swap gift is so clever and cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Urban Chic yarn. Think it will make a beautiful shawl. Your swap gift is so clever and cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a mood scarf. I love your rainbow hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you will find uses for the hooks and it's always handy to have spares. Love the mood scarf and how it's coming along and what lovely yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are moving along nicely. I look forward to seeing the prototype take wings and become a gorgeous item.
    I absolutely adore the doggy treat jar and leash holder. What an ingenious gift. Well done hubby for his part in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny that you found your missing hook so soon after ordering. At least now you could sell/trade/gift a set. I love the rainbow colored hooks. Mine are grey with blue cables. I can't wait to see how your scarf with the beads turns out. I love anything with beads and your yarn is beautiful too. Your swap partner will love your gift I am sure. That is so super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some lovely projects, I love the mood scarf and the yarn is gorgeous. I love the lead hook, I'm sure your swap partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some lovely projects, I love the mood scarf and the yarn is gorgeous. I love the lead hook, I'm sure your swap partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty projects! I love the swap. That is a clever idea. It's nice to have backup hooks : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Paula on the win! I love the colors in that Yarn Bee yarn pictured. Feeling like I might just need to look for that the next time I'm at Hobby Lobby. ;^)

    ReplyDelete