Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Midweek Update

I've been on a roll the last couple of days. Started two new projects from my new Sharon Silverman's books (see earlier post).

This is the Sonata Shawl beginning. I'm using Red Heart Luster Sheer in a cream color. This yarn is no longer made (dang it!) so I purchased it from someone's stash on Ravelry for a very reasonable price (free cuz she didn't sent it for a while). I got three skeins which should be a little more than enough to make the shawl. I'm going to purchase what I can of this because I really like it especially for things that are going to get some wear.


It's pretty much a repeat of this section but has a very lacy bit in the center.


This is basically it (above) only blocked open.

My other project is my Headed to the Fiesta Shawl. It is Sharon's Milk and Cookies Shawl from her Crochet Wraps and Shawls book.


Super simple shawl that hopefully will open up beautifully. I'm hoping both of these will be good additions to my care center donations. (Or gifts for the right person should be need arise.)

Got my mood scarf started again. I'm using the honeycomb stitch this time so it won't be so bulky. I'm not worry about where I add the yarn cuz I think it's going to give it that funky feel I wanted by messing it about. This does not include today's addition. I had to go find a MUCH darker purple to add because I'm in a really really dark mood today. Grrrrrr! Stay back. ;-)



Last night we had our Church's missionaries over for dinner, along with two other couples from the congregation, and served a chicken pasta salad, fresh fruit, garlic bread and fresh peach cobbler. We had about three cups of fruit left -- the rest is history. To go with the fruit today I'm making a real family favorite. Green Chile Cheese Squares.

1 cube butter
10 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped green chiles (canned is okay)
1 pt. small curd cottage cheese (or sour cream works)
1 lb. shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese

Melt butter and cool. Pour into large bowl; add eggs, beating slightly. Add in all other ingredients and m ix well. Pour into a buttered 9x13x2" pan and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. THEN lower the heat to 350 and cook for another 30 minutes.

It's pretty dang good!




4 comments:

  1. Your crochet work is very inspiring. I never knew there were so many wonderful stitch patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the colors you choose! Can't wait to see them all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawls are starting out beautifully . . and behave or that mood scarf will be all dark purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colors again for your scarf. Sorry you were in a dark mood but it happens. I hope you feel like blue skies and sunshine again soon. Your shawls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete