Monday, July 25, 2016

Year of Projects 2016-2017


I would like to participate in a group on Ravelry called A Year of Projects. Hopefully it will get me motivated to complete a few things this year. Every week we are to post on our blogs what we have been doing towards our goals. Mine are:

Mood Scarf
Caress All Seasons Shoulder Wrap for DD
Around the Rosy baby blanket
Shawl for a friend (Crossing Sontag?)
Design new Tunisian crochet shawl
Flurry of Foliage shawl
Volkswagen graph pattern for one of my BFFs
Cancer hats using Cancer Charity Hat by Christins and others. Goal is at least 50 (great take along project).
Cardigan for DIL birthday
3 projects from my Ravelry Library, including gifted baby blanket patterns
Use stash as much as possible for them

Of course, as you know me so well, this list will probably change a hundred times between now and June of 2017. That's just the way I roll. Things come up and you have to change, right?

I have lost my Denise Interchangeable Crochet Hooks. I have NO idea where they have gone. Goodness gracious, they gotta be here. This house isn't that big. I've searched for the last two days and no luck so far. If I buy a new set then the old one will show up, right? I'm going to tear things apart again today. They gotta be here somewhere. Dagnabit! I think I'm fairly well organized. I'm always ragging at The Hubster because he never puts anything away. Then when he can't find it he says, "You must have thrown it away." Good grief! When was the last time I threw something away that he needed or wanted??? Never would be the answer to that. Maybe I should accuse him of throwing my needles away. LOL!

I think I need a chuckle today. Do you?


I've always said that God had a sense of humor -- 
otherwise He wouldn't have given US one.

Have a great day!







12 comments:

  1. So glad you're joining us, Bev. Can't wait to see your yarny creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you on board and if your list stayed exactly the same with not changes or additions that would be a first in the six years I've been participating, so all changes are not only encouraged but expected :D That's how we roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find those interchangeables soon. I lost my square dpn's a while back, tore the house apart, and then found them right where they were supposed to be - in my needle holder (they were hiding in one of the pockets). lol I love your banner graphic and that joke is a great one. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find those interchangeables soon. I lost my square dpn's a while back, tore the house apart, and then found them right where they were supposed to be - in my needle holder (they were hiding in one of the pockets). lol I love your banner graphic and that joke is a great one. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are joining us!! It is a fun way to stay motivated, get encouragement, see everyone's lovely projects and make good friends.

    I'm so far off my list that its not even funny. But I started a blog, getting stuff made and having fun!!

    Good luck finding those interchangeables!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're doing the Year of Projects. I'm doing it again this year and it's great reading everyone's updates each week. Look forward to seeing your projects. Hope those hooks turn up. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to joining the year of projects and if the list changes so be it!! It's all about enjoyment - I hope you have found those hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to joining the year of projects and if the list changes so be it!! It's all about enjoyment - I hope you have found those hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to the group. I can't wait to see what you create

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your list sounds good, ha, so far 3 weeks in and already my list has changed! Hope you find your hooks soon. I lost my favourite hook a few weeks ago, could not find it, and so went and splashed out on another and guess what I found it that night!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your list sounds good, ha, so far 3 weeks in and already my list has changed! Hope you find your hooks soon. I lost my favourite hook a few weeks ago, could not find it, and so went and splashed out on another and guess what I found it that night!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that same set! Did you look on your bookshelves? That is where I found mine. It fits so nicely in with the books that everyone keeps putting there. Anyway, I hope you find it....or you could just swing by my house (in Alaska lol) and borrow mine. Nice blog btw. I'll add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete