Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!


Mother's Day. I have really mixed feelings about it. Not that I don't think mothers shouldn't be honored. I just hate thinking the florist industry had to create a specific holiday that kind of forces us into acknowledging the people that we love. That goes for Father's Day, Easter, Valentine's Day, etc. On the other hand, I'm glad that we are reminded. Mixed bags isn't it? My own mom will turn 91 this year. There's no doubt in my mind that she won't make it to that milestone. She's really quite amazing. Every day she goes out and takes a walk, does her morning and evening exercises, still crochets up a storm even though her eyesight isn't the greatest anymore. She should be taking care of me instead of the other way around. She's in better shape overall. ;-)

To all you wonderful mothers out there -- you do deserve a pat on the back -- but you deserve it every single day!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to you and your Mom Bev. Hope you have a lovely day. We're just about winding up our day here in Australia and I had a lovely day with my family. All three of us girls are mothers - me and my 2 daughters who each have a son. xox

    ReplyDelete