Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Do you crochet or knit toys?

I don't. It's not that I haven't tried but when I try and make something cute it ends up looking like something ALIEN. In looking at Ravelry today there are bunches and bunches of dolls, bears, etc.

I love Kentucky the Chicken by Antonella Meloni. You can buy the pattern for only $4.51. He just cracks me up.


Does he make you smile too? Oh my goodness he has so much personality. Those eyes! One of her pictures has him holding a sign that reads "Go vegan!"

Crochet With Love has put out there the cutest little Valentine bear. Truly, if I could make him look like a bear I would gladly buy the pattern.


He is truly one of the cutest little bears I have ever seen!!! Why can't I make them look this cute? Seriously, I have tried and just can't get it right.

There are SO many recipes floating about the Internet nowadays. I save quite a few of them and never try them. Well, on a quest to lose the weight I gained over the holidays, I came across this one that I had saved. 37 Calorie Brownies. I'm not a big fan of sweeteners because generally they have a bad after taste. I have found, however, Truvia and Stevia aren't too bad if I'm just sweetening up a cup of tea or something.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Grease a square baking dish (8x8).

Combine:
3/4 c. nonfat Green yogurt ( I used vanilla)
1/4 c. skim milk
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats (instant)
1/2 c. Truvia
1 egg
1/3 c. applesauce
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt

Once combined until smooth, pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool before eating. These stayed really moist. (Cut it into 9 squares. Each is 37 calories.)

These were REALLY popular with my mom and my husband felt they were "okay." I think I'd rather have a dime-sized piece of real brownie (yeah, like I could eat only a dime-sized piece!) than these. But that's just me. Like I said, my mom REALLY, really liked them. There is just nothing like a sugar loaded brownie. I'll just stick to creamer in my coffee as my dessert, I guess. ;-)


Valentine's Day is our 45 wedding aniversary. Can you believe it? Boy, I can't. That's a helluva long time to be with one person isn't it?






No comments:

Post a Comment