Friday, January 15, 2016

Funky Yarn Purchase

I love ordering yarn. I always get such a surprise when it arrives. You don't get to touch it or really see it until you open the box. Such was the case with this funky stuff.


I purchased it from lovecrochet.com for $1.80 per skein. I bought several skeins. I thought they would make cute ear warmers, hats and scarves. Can't wait to try it -- but first I am going to finish up all those WIPs that are sticking around this house. I keep finding MORE and MORE!

I finished a shawl and absolutely love it. I used KnitPicks Hawthorne Kettle Dyed yarn and it was amazing to work with. It blocked HUGE! Next time I don't think I'll block it as much. It will make a perfect gift but is kind of large for me -- cause I'm so darn short.


It looks more burgundy or brown than it really is -- it's a lovely dark purple with lighter shades here and there. I'll have to take it outside and get a better picture of it. I had enough of it left to make a slouch hat and scarf for a swap I'm in. It's really awesome stuff. I absolutely love working with it.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty and the yarn sounds awesome!
    I've ordered from KnitPick a couple times and both times were for swaps, gonna have to indulge myself and get me some, one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty and the yarn sounds awesome!
    I've ordered from KnitPick a couple times and both times were for swaps, gonna have to indulge myself and get me some, one day...

    ReplyDelete