Thursday, January 14, 2016

CAL Blanket and Can't Leave Them Alone Bars

This is a terrible picture of it but I've started a new blanket in a crochet-along on  Ravelry. It's in the Crochet With Us! group and is called a Wonder Blanket. This is just the first six rows. More will follow, of course. A friend gifted me some of this Universal Uptown worsted weight yarn and I purchased enough more that I think there's enough for this blanket. I may make it for a friend but we'll see. I took this last night under artificial light and it's a poor example. I'll try and get a better one later today.


We are having a church gathering on Monday evening and we are responsible for the refreshments. I'm thinking of making Can't Leave Them Alone Bars. Have you ever had them? They are pretty yummy.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. white cake mix (regular siz)
2 large eggs
1/3 c. canola oil (or coconut oil)
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 c. (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. butter, cubed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combined the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9" baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yields 3 dozen.


Want some? Kinda gooey and chocolately. MMMMM!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooohweeee they sound soooo yummmmers! Sure wish I could have em, darnit! 🙄

    ReplyDelete