Friday, December 18, 2015

Progress to Date

I purchased some handspun wool thinking maybe if it was all natural that I would be able to use it. This is SO natural that it has little flecks of straw in it. Now THAT's natural (but also kinda creepy if you think about it -- what else is in there?). Anyway, it's a fingering weight and in all honesty it's not a bad yarn but even looking at it makes my eyes water. I'm making a narrow chevron scarf that when blocked will hopefully be much larger. I'll only be able to work on it bits at a time because I am pretty allergic to it. It even made my fingers kind of blister-like.


The blanket is coming along nicely but probably not going to be done for Christmas. Maybe our anniversary in February? It will still be welcome then as February is probably the chilliest month here in Arizona. It has been unseasonably cold here this winter. The heat has been on the whole time and The Hubster even insulted the pipes in the garage to make sure they didn't freeze a few nights ago.


My mom is just like a teenager on her phone. She has an iPhone and is on it all the time. That index finger is either checking Facebook, emails, texts or playing "Solitary" as she calls it. The other morning she fell asleep with her finger mid-tap. She sat that way for a good 15-20 minutes. Really, she did. I've never seen anything like it. She got a good laugh out of this picture and threatened me that it better not make it to Facebook. LOL! Maybe tomorrow. ;-)


Are you ready for Christmas? One of our sons and DIL are coming o Tuesday and will stay until Saturday. Can't wait to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment