Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thoughts on Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's all about FAMILY for me. I love it!!! This Thanksgiving, while different from most in the past, will still be a wonderful holiday. We will share it with our friends, Gary and Sheri, my mom, my son Robert and his wife, Amy, and our kind neighbor, Jack, from across the street. I was incredibly lazy this year though and decided rather than wear us all out I would order it all from the local supermarket. I know -- lazy, right???? I feel kinda guilty about it -- but only for about 5 seconds -- then I think of how nice it will be just to heat it all up. It might not taste as good but there will be plenty of it and no one worn to a frazzle with their backs (mine) aching. LOL! It comes with a turkey, a ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry relish, cinnamon apples and two pumpkin pies. I might make an apple cobbler -- we'll see,  My friend is bringing some "fake" champagne and a chocolate pie.

I hope yours is fantastic!





No comments:

Post a Comment