Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Comforting Cocoons and Blankets

My BFF is stockpiling some baby blankets as she's becoming a great grandma in leaps and bounds the last few years. She has a sweet little granddaughter graduating from high school this year and when she saw the other blankets she said she wanted one too. So I made this little cocoon blanket just for her grandma to put away for her.

There was no pattern. I actually started this blanket and then realized that as big as I was making it I likely would run out of yarn. Normally that's not a problem but this is some OLD OLD yarn that I got at a garage sale. Odds are it would be impossible to find more (and I wasn't inclined to search for it to be honest). So, I turned it into a cocoon and made a little hat. I think it turned out kind cute.


Amberley is probably a little ways away from having a baby but Grandma might as well have it on hand, right?

I'm also working on a blanket for The Hubster for Christmas. It's a pattern by Julie Reeves called Ripple Ridge. It has you doing your slip stitch to join going around one of the front post stitches. I didn't like the way it looked so when I changed colors I moved the beginning stitch to one of the points and I like that a lot better. This is RedHeart Love yarn and is better than their Super Saver stuff. My preference to use is I Love This Yarn but this was on sale.


We are getting the pergolas up in the backyard today. The Hubster got them up yesterday but now they have to be anchored. It was supposed to be a 2-man job but He Man did it all by himself. He's such a stud -- however, one of these days the ladder may not be so kind of him. He's not getting any younger. I hope this is his last "getting on a ladder" type job.

Speaking of getting old, I know a few Seniors this applies to.

A group of seniors was sitting around talking about all their ailments. "My arms have got so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said  one. "Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad; can't even see  my coffee." "I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time because my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third. "What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you, said one elderly lady! "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said one, to which several nodded weakly in agreement. "My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another. "I forget where I am and where I'm going," said another. "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head. The others nodded in agreement. "Well, count your Blessings," said a woman cheerfully . . .
"Thank God we can all still drive!" 

1 comment:

  1. Tell the The Hubster to take it easy. Miss you guys. Lon-

    ReplyDelete